The staff team, pupils and governors would like to extend to you a very warm welcome to our school's website; we hope you find this website useful in providing you with a small window into the life of our school.
Deri view Primary School is at the heart of the community. The happiness, achievement and wellbeing of everyone is central to the ethos of our school.
We aspire to build an active learning community through an innovative, creative curriculum in an environment of mutual respect where all potential is nurtured and high standards are achieved. We aim to grow in confidence and develop a love of learning that will stay with us throughout our lives so that we will contribute positively to society.
Our Mission statement is:
INSPIRE - CHALLENGE - EMPOWER
Ysbrydoli - Herio - Galluagi
Our school aims are:
- To identify and develop the innate gifts and emerging talents of every pupil by providing positive challenges and a happy, safe and nurturing environment.
- To strive as a school community to offer support, respect and security within an atmosphere which is friendly, healthy, secure and stimulating where good relationships can develop and personal development can be fostered.
- To develop a sense of spiritual awareness, promote mutual respect, consideration and cooperation between members of the school community to enable them to become responsible citizens in society.
- Provide a balanced and inclusive curiculum appropriate to each child's needs.
- To promote from the earliest age an inherent sense of purpose that enables children to set their sights high.
- To set challenging targets and celebrate personal goals through self review in partnership with children, staff and their families.
- To develop each child's natural curiosity into a lifelong desire to learn.
- To create an appreciation of the importance of healthy living; care for the environment and active participation in shaping and making decisions about their school and community.
- To develop the professional skills and leadership qualities of all staff through a programme of continuous proessional development.
If you would like to learn more about our school please do not hesitate to contact me.