We provide healthy and nutritious meals that are freshly prepared on site each day from locally sourced ingredients.
All our menus are a big step towards the proposals in the consulation document 'Appetite for Life', which has been approved by Welsh Government.
School menus and standards can be viewed at http://www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/app/uploads/2013/06/Summer-Menu-2015-Eng...
In addition to paid school meals and free school meals pupils are able to bring in a packed lunch from home. We ask that parents do not pack bottles or cans or provide their child with fizzy drinks, as they can be messy and could pose a health and safety hazard. Parents who would like further advice on what they should include in their child's packed lunch can get advaice from the My School Lunch website.
Pupils can also return home for lunch lunch time starts at 12:30pm amd pupils should return before 1:30pm. Pupils should be collected from the main school reception area.
SCHOOL MEAL CHARGES
Infants and juniors - £2.10 per day
School meals are paid fir using our cashless Parent Pay system. You will need to contact the school office to make arrnagements to set up your Parent Pay account.
A maximum of five credit meals may be granted per pupil, and parents will recieve letters advisoing them of any money owed. After five credit have been issued, parents will be required to make their own arrangements to provide their child with a lunchtime meal until the debt has been paid in full.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If your child attends full-time school and is of statutory school age and you are in reciept of one of the following benefits, you can claim free school meals:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190 (HM Revenue and Custome are responsible for assessing the level of annual income)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' the payment someone may receive for the further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
ADVICE & INFORMATION
The website My School Lunch raises awareness of school lunches whilst educating children, parents and teachers about healthy eating and an active lifestyle.
The Welsh Government Appetite for Life tells us how we can improve the nutritional standards of food and drink provided in schools in Wales.